With the number of devices, platforms, and browsers that need to work with your site grow, a responsive web design becomes an imperative. As the name implies, a responsive web design responds to its environment. A website designed with a responsive framework responds automatically to the screen size of the device from which it is accessed by adjusting the structure, images and content of the site according to the device screen size for optimal viewing. As a business owner it means that your website will have the same look and feel across all devices and screen sizes. Where the screen size is small, the framework of the site automatically readjusts to fit the available space.
There are already over a billion mobile device users worldwide and the number of users accessing the web through their mobile devices is growing at an even faster pace. As per latest statistics :
- 80% of consumers plan to conduct mobile commerce in the next 12 months
- 41% of users have used a mobile device to browse for a product after seeing it in a show or advertisement
- 57% of users say they will not recommend a business with poorly designed mobile site
- Not having a mobile optimized website is like closing your store one day each week.
As per Jeremy Keith, the key to creating a Responsive web site is to “Stop Thinking in Pages. Start Thinking in Systems.”
A responsive website has become an absolute necessity for survival in today’s internet wired world. As the trend shifts more and more towards online purchase of goods and services by consumers, ensuring that consumers are provided with a great experience while visiting your site irrespective of the device used is a must for retailers, else they are very likely to see their users very quickly switching to other sites which promise a unified shopping experience irrespective of what kind of device is being used to access their site.
At Netcomm Labs we develop best- in- class responsive websites, which offer the following advantages:
- A responsive website is likely to have greater SEO value and appear higher in search rankings. With a responsive website, there is no need to create 2 separate websites to cater separately to desktop devices and mobile devices, and hence you are not likely to have duplicated content on both sites which reduces the SEO value of the site.
- By adjusting the layout of the site as per the screen size, a responsive website provides for a much better navigation and user experience than simply an adaptive web site, which simply shrinks the size of the images and text to fit the screen
The entire spectrum of screen resolutions and screen sizes is expanding every day and it is no longer feasible both in terms of time and money involved for business owners to create separate versions of a website to fit different devices that are browser enabled. Our responsive web designs offer the opportunity to businesses to proactively engage with consumers and users by encouraging them to visit the website from any device of their choice.